Supporting professionals and organisations with external supervision in the Wellington region
Are you a professional, or a manager of professionals, in health, social services or the public sector?
If so, external professional supervision can contribute to your effectiveness in the role and support and encourage you personally as an individual.
Cheryll Read is an experienced provider of external professional supervision and brings a background as a registered health professional in clinical and management roles, and additional expertise in workplace wellbeing from her work as a human resources professional in a wide range of public sector organisations.
Cheryll now works exclusively in the area of supervision - a valuable tool in developing and retaining professionals and managers, and in helping organisations prevent and manage workplace stressors as required under the Health and Safety in Employment Amendment Act 2002.
Cheryll’s approach to Professional Supervision
To provide high quality, comprehensive, challenging, supportive and effective professional supervision services to professionals and managers in the health, social services and public sectors in the Wellington region.
- Personal integrity and professional ethics
- Trustworthy relationship
- Honesty with compassion
- Challenge with support
In monthly supervision sessions Cheryll works with you to support you in:
- Meeting the demands of your professional role and your many ‘roles’ as an individual
- Debriefing, reflecting on and learning from challenging workplace situations
- Reflecting on, examining and taking responsibility for your own work and development
- Reviewing your work practices to ensure they are ethical, safe and effective
Cheryll is committed to helping:
- Managers and professionals increase their technical and personal effectiveness and their enjoyment of work
- Workplaces to recognise and encourage professionals’ potential and job satisfaction
- Organisations to reduce potential health and safety risks by proactive management of any workplace stressors affecting the employee
Professional Supervisor for Health, Social Services and Public Sector Professionals
BA Psych, pg Dip Social Sciences (Social Policy & Social Work), pg Dip HR Management
MANZASW, Registered Social Worker: